First off, I want to give a big thank you to those who have helped me BETA test this last release. There were several issues resolved and some changes that were made as a result of the great feedback I have received.
Version 1.3 brings with it a few changes, here are the updates:
- Folders can now be copied. If you drag a folder on to The Magic Folder, all the files in the folder and sub-folders will be copied. You will find this is a setting (for now) that needs to be turned on in the Settings. In the next release, I will just make it a permanent part of the application.
- There is a new option to change the size of the folder when it is docked and undocked. There is also a new folder color choice called Magic. Give it a look (see attached image below).
- Font DPI setting change. On systems where the DPI was set to 120, the gadget was virtually useless. Now it can detect the DPI and change the font size on the fly.
- Now when you select a folder in the jump fly-out, the folder is immediately opened. There is no need to click the OK button any more.
- When you select to move a file that already exists in the folder, you now get the Windows prompt to replace or make a new copy of the file. The previous version would just make a copy and not give you a choice.
- New status icons that show you when the folder is working. This is really good for very large drop operations.
- New icon (see attached image below). Also, let me know what you think about the icon – add your comments.
- And lots of little changes under the hood.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I posted the update this evening around 9:00PM CST. The update should be available at some point on Monday (5/21).